Large cancer removed from upper left side of lip leaving extreme puffiness and disfigurement. How to reduce puffiness?

Puffiness after Mohs surgery

It is difficult to give good recommendations without photos.  If the defect was repaired and the flap or surrounding tissue is swollen and puffy this isn't abnormal.  Sometimes it can take weeks to months for swelling to subside.  In most cases it goes down gradually over time, but in some cases local shots of steroid help it along at a faster rate.  Massage can be helpful as well.  It can be frustratingly slow, but with the time the swelling usually subsides.  I wish you the best.
Cody Koch

Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon