Can I smoke weed after rhinoplasty 4 weeks post op?

I was wondering if i can smoke weed. Im gonna cover my nose when i smoke it , but ive already breathed in cigarette smoke because second hand smoke, but should i smoke or should i wait?

Smoking 1 month after rhinoplasty shouldn’t adversely affect your results.

Assuming you’ve healed nicely from your nose job, you should be able to smoke marijuana by the 4-week mark. By this point, your nasal breathing should have returned to normal. Not to harsh your mellow, but keep in mind that marijuana smoke is stronger than tobacco smoke. If you were a frequent marijuana smoker prior to your rhinoplasty who has abstained for this long, the smoke may come as a shock to your system and cause some coughing or irritation. Easy does it.

Post op rhinoplasty

Certainly nobody would encourage it but you're not likely to do any significant direct harm to your healing at 4 weeks.  Make sure your behavior in general doesn't increase risk of nasal injury. I would check with your operating surgeon to confirm though. 

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist

4 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD