My chest is not flat after 7 weeks post op gynecomastia surgery. Any suggestions? (photos)

i had my gynecomastia surgery about 7 and half weeks ago , the doctor remove the gland and remove about half gram fat .. the problem is around my chest it still fullness, when i flex my chest my chest looks fully flat but when i sit down it looks saggy and pointy when i feel for gland i feel really small gland..

What to Expect While Healing From Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

My chest is not flat after 7 weeks post op gynecomastia surgery. Any suggestions?

Although your concerns are understandable, given that you are seven weeks out of surgery, I would suggest ongoing time and patience. It may take a few more months before you see the final outcome of the procedure performed. Keep in mind, that some tissue below the areola is normal;  if too much tissue is removed this can result in a concavity deformity, and an unsatisfactory cosmetic result, and the potential need for further surgery. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Ideally you should wait 3 months for the final result. Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon