Will Some of the Fat in a Fat Injection to the Lips Go Down? My Lips Are Too Big Now 11 Days After Surgery.

Fat transfer for lip augmentation

+1

Dear Scruffles,

• This is completely normal and the swelling will continue to improve
  • If you have concerns, just visit your plastic surgeon for reassurance

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Swelling After Fat Grafts to the Lips

+1

Any injection/ operation on the lips causes extensive swelling. The only way to mitigate this is by aggressive pre and post operative icing. Even with icing ,head elevation and topical and or oral steroids the swelling persists almost unabated for 3-5 days. From 1-2 weeeks the swelling decreases rather dramatically but still persists yet it can be camouflaged. By 3-4 weeks the lips will fel pretty much normal and are 90% of the ultimate size. It is best not to massage and just do oral smiling and puckering to help decrease the stiffness.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Overswollen lips

+1

The lips are very sensitive and will swell significantly, with the swelling remaining in place for weeks or even months.  I always recommend aggressive ice packs after any procedure on the lips.  You will have to be very patient and wait for the swelling to recede before you can assess the result.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Lip augmentation

+1

Fat transfer to the lip causes significant swelling for long time. wait till all the swelling goes away, About 3 months