How long do I leave a band-aid on after Mole Removal on my face??

Bandage after mole removal on the face

There are no hard and fast rules regarding bandage after mole removal on the face.  The easiest thing to do is to call the office where it was performed and confirm their preferred aftercare.  The most important thing to do is to clean it 1-2 times daily and to keep it moist with an ointment like vaseline, aquaphor, or polysporin (often doctors have their own preference).  

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Aftercare for Mole Removal

It would depend. I would ask your Dr. Silicone based scar gels with growth factors would be beneficial to use at this time. Also protect your face from the sun and use skin protection. Best, Dr. Emer

How long to leave a bandage on after mole removal

Depending on where a mole is and how it is removed, I sometimes recommend a bandage, and other times I don't. Keeping the wound slightly moist is the most important thing to do, as well as not picking the scab, and making sure it doesn't get infected (e.g. don't touch with dirty hands). Generally on the face I do not have my patients wear a bandage. When I do, it is for 1 week.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon