Is this normal after my mole removal? (photos)

I had a cluster of 3 dark raised moles under my eyes and went to dermatologist to get them removed. I believe the Dr. used an electrocautery pen and I could smell the moles burn. It concerned me that I was left with black scars. I was told to not wet my face for 24 hrs and later apply Neosporin. Does this look right? Will the black scar fall out? I feel like I will be left with big scars since she didn't cut out the moles but just "burned" them. Please let me know what I can do?

Mole Removal Concern

You are still in the process of healing. It may be that you are left with a small scar which can be improved with a combination of lasers, fillers, and microneedling/PRP. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Moles burned

You are still healing in your postop photo. But in general, burning of moles is not preferred for two reasons.

1st)moles extend down through the full thickness skin, so this would require burning the full thickness skin in order to completely eradicate them, which could result in scarring; this should be avoided especially on the face.

2nd)burning the mole rather than shaving it off or cutting it out, prevents you from sending the mole to be evaluated for atypia/malignancy.

Arian Mowlavi, MD