Infection signs after mole removal. Normal or not? (photo)

I had a mole removed 5 days ago and it has become increasingly red around the edges and is now yellowish white and releasing pus. I have washed with soap every day and put on Vaseline with a fresh bandaid as per doctors instructions. Should I continue this and it will heal or do I need to see a doctor for oral antibiotics?

Exam would be best

For a shave excision this can be normal healing.  However, with redness around the edges, it may be infected. You should follow up with your physician as soon as possible so he or she can examine the wound and determine if antibiotics would be appropriate.  

Buffalo Grove Plastic Surgeon