Will my nostrils and tip drop after Rhinoplasty? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago tomorrow. My nose looks very upturnt and you can see my nostrils. It also looks like someone has punched me in the face. Will the tip drop and is the nose supposed to be this swollen 2 weeks after?

Nasal swelling

I perform 1-2 rhinoplasties weekly and have never seen a patient without some element of swelling at a year.  You see, what happens is that the sprint is keeping the swelling over the bones at bay for the first week and your tip appears swollen at one week.  Once that splint comes off, the bones seem to widen and appear like they have fallen out.  This is absolutely swelling.  With regards to the over-rotation of the nose, it is actually expected to have this at 2 weeks.  The nose begins its downward decent usually by 3 months.  Ask your surgeon to give you more details about these upcoming changes.  You look great!Thank you for your question.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-op swelling

Hello and thank you for your question. Don't worry too much.  Nasal tip swelling is very normal at two weeks post-op.  I recommend you return to your surgeon and have him/her evaluate your progress. Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nasal swelling

All  noses swell after surgery and can stay pretty swollen for up to a year and sometimes longer.  The tip may drop a little as the swelling subsides, but this varies.

Swelling

It is not unusual to experience swelling for months and up to a year following Rhinoplasty surgery.  At 2 weeks it is too soon to see the final result.  Follow up with your surgeon for routine visits so he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD