Will lip filler decrease the space between my upper lip and my nose? (Photo)

I have a long philtrum, the space between my upper lip and nose is uncomfortably long I think. I was wondering if lip filler would decrease the length, or if I would need to have a lip lift procedure.

Lip lift

The lip lift procedure is the best method to reduce the long philtrum.  Fillers or fat injections will not reduce the length.  The lip lift is easily done under local anesthesia, and it can be individually designed with you before surgery to obtain just what you desire in terms of shape and length.  The recovery is easy, and the scar should be very minimal, well hidden in the base of the nose.  

Lip Filler and Upper Lip Length

No filler will not decrease the length between your lip and nose, this can be improved with a lip lift procedure.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Will lip filler decrease the space between my upper lip and nose?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Dermal fillers will not reduce the distance between your upper lip and nose but will camouflage the distance through the increased volume achieved.  The only other option would be a lip lift but this leaves you with a scar along the length of your lower nose.  Hope this helps.

Filler will not work

Unfortunatley, filler will not change the length of that space and there is not a surgical procedure that would do that either.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon