What's the difference between an 800cc ultra high profile implant & 800cc extra full profile with 6.7 project implant? (Photo)

Don't Get Hung Up on Marketing Names.

800 mL implants are giant. You will have giant breasts if you get 800 mL implants. The picture shows a very thin patient with very large breasts that appear to touch each other in the midline. Not everyone wants that look, but some do.

Most patients who want 800 mL implants will typically need the smallest base diameter possible this is called different things by the different manufacturers. Mentor calls these Ultra High Profile and Natrelle calls them Style 45.  Ask your surgeon to show you the difference in the base width and projection. There is not much difference between these two.

Discuss with your surgeon

Since implant profiles can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, this is a question best answered by your surgeon. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

What's the difference between an 800cc ultra high profile implant & 800cc extra full profile with 6.7 project implant?

Thank you for the question. I would suggest that you do not get too hung up on the semantics used by the different breast implant manufacturers. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example,
I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Implant types

Implant profiles vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Discuss volumes and shapes in person with your surgeon to make sure there is a clear understanding of what you might be able to achieve.