What can I do about mid back pain after a lower body lift. 1 week post op.

The incision pain is managed with the pain meds but the back pain sitting and standing is constant. I feel that it's gotten worse. When I sit it's knumb and painful and standing it's hurting even though I am staying bent and using a walker. The area that hurts is where the bruising is really bad. I am trying to cut down on pain meds but the only time I get relief is with the max dose for about 1.5 hours and can only take it every 4 hours. I had back issues prior to surgery. HELP

Body Lift/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Back pain.

This sounds like you need to call your doctor for a full evaluation. Have the bruising checked out to be sure you don't have a hematoma. After the evaluation, they can change your pain medication to something stronger. Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD