What is Chemo Exfoliation and how effectively does it address acne scars?

I am 55 yrs old, still get acne and have scars from my teens, though not heavy. Of course, I also have wrinkles and sagging skin, so I'm wondering what benefit I might see from Chemo Exfoliation.

Acne Scars and Chemical Peels

Chemical Peels will help you with pigmentation, acne, acne scars and some fine lines.  The peels will not help with skin tightening or lifting sagging skin.  Thermage will hep with sagging skin and wrinkles might benefit from Fraxel or from a liquid facelift.  Best, Dr. Green

Improving skin at 55

Thank you for your question about your facial peel.

• Skin exfoliation alone will probably give you a temporary brightening and smoothing of the skin.
  • For true skin improvement, you will probably need medical-level at-home skin care such as Obagi.
  • After 6 weeks of skin care with at-home creams, a 30% TCA will remove the damaged skin smoothly.
  • Continued skin care will maintain the result - skin improvement is often dramatic.
  • You will probably need a face lift to lift the sagging skin.
  • The combination of a healthy skin and a lifted face is remarkable.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes