Weak Chin/Jaw. Improving Side Profile? (photo)

Hello, I'm a male in my early 20s and I'm just curious of what options I have open to me to improve my jawline / chin. I feel it is extremely week and very unattractive. I hate seeing side photos of myself and I'm self conscious about it. I have no idea what options I have. Please advise, thanks.

Chin implant to improve weak chin and profile

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A chin implant is a great option for a weak chin profile.  The chin augmentation procedure involves placement of a synthetic implant across the front part of the mandible to improve the projection and add balance.  The chin implants come in different sizes and shapes depending upon the desired outcome.  The implant is inserted through a submental incision under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure.

Weak Chin/Jaw. Improving Side Profile.

It's best to begin by consulting with a surgeon in-person to discuss your options. During your initial examination, your #chin will be evaluated along with the neck and jawline. A weak #chin implies a lack of chin support for the skin along the neck line. In younger individuals a chin implant alone is usually all that is needed to improve the appearance of the neck. Subsequently, it will also improve the overall #balance of the face and can create the illusion of a smaller nose. As a stand-alone procedure, chin augmentation can be performed in the office under local #anesthesia. For individuals with signs of #aging in the neck, a chin implant added to one of the recommended procedures above, will provide optimal results.

If you are not a candidate at the time of your #consultation, your board certified plastic surgeon can recommend alternatives to address your concern. Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in #neck lift procedures is important to ensure you are receiving the best advice, care, and surgical experience possible.

Correct weak chin

A chin implant is the most simple and potentially reversible  approach to correct a receding chin. A beard or goatee could be considered as an alternative to surgery. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon