Can Voluma create high cheekbones? Can it be injected high on the cheekbone or does it just add volume to the apple?

Can Voluma create high cheekbones, can it be injected high on the cheekbone or does it just add volume to the apple etc.? I dont have high cheekbones and im hoping I can achieve them with Voluma.

Filler over the cheeks

Actually Voluma is FDA-approved for injection in exactly this area. For some people, this is the best of all of the fillers to use for the cheekbones, because it has more "lift" than other fillers.  This quality derives from the degree and type of crosslinking of this filler, more than other qualities like the concentration.  The crosslinking occurs between molecules of different sizes.  Voluma has unique qualities which make it perfect for lifting the skin over the cheekbones.

Voluma Can Provide Lift at Cheekbones and/or Apples

I personally think that some injectors inject too much in the cheek apple and when the patient smiles, the cheeks look enormous and the face is too full in the center.  So it is very important that the physician examine the entire face at rest and with movement to achieve the best aesthetic results.  Often making the cheekbones higher and extending more laterally to the sides of the cheek along the cheekbone line changes a square or round shape to a more pleasing tapered feminine, heart shape or oval High cheekbones are a universal feature of beauty and I usually inject in that region as well as other areas of the cheek and face to harmonize the face.  I recommend consulting with a board-certified dermatologist who listens and communicates well to learn your best options with Voluma.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma for Cheeks

Voluma can be injected into both the cheekbones or the apples of the cheek in order to restore lost volume and enhance the cheek area. It is important to share your desired results with your dermatologist so they can perform the treatment accordingly.  

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma for various parts of the face

Yes.  "Cheek" is a non specific term.  There are multiple areas of "the cheeks." The cheek bones, midface, submalar, zygomatic arch, buccal, cheek-troughs are all part of the area.  High sexy cheekbones can be created with Voluma if the face can pull it off.  

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can Voluma create high cheekbones?

Thank you for your question. Voluma was designed specifically for the cheek area. Schedule an in person consultation with an expert injector to discuss your options. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Voluma is an excellent option to volumize and add definition to the cheek area.  Best wishes.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Voluma can be inject on the cheekbone area

Juvederm Voluma was developed specifically for cheek augmentation for people with mid-face volume loss.   Voluma can replace volume loss in the cheekbone area and the apple of the cheek, as well as the space directly under these areas.  Voluma, as should any injections, should be performed by an experienced injector, and is intended to have a natural appearance. 

Voluma was the first and is currently the only FDA injectable for mid-face volume loss.  It has an exceptional ability to lift and volumize, which is why it works so beautifully in the cheek area.  People enjoy these result for up to two years, with minimal downtime and few side effects.

Make sure the injector is customizing the Voluma treatment for you.  There are many areas in the mid-face that Voluma can be beneficial giving the face a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance; likewise, if it is used in excess or in the 'wrong' areas it can look overdone or unnatural. Choose an injector who understands your wishes and clearly communicates what the desired look is that you want to achieve by working together.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Juvéderm Voluma enhances the cheekbone area very nicely

Juvéderm Voluma is different from its sister Juvéderm products, or the other hyaluronic acid fillers we have in the US. It's ideal for shaping the cheekbone area and providing some soft tissue lifting over the cheekbone area. It achieves what might have only been previously achieved by cheek implants in some patients. I'm always excited to see the look on patients' faces when they look in the mirror after Voluma placement. Seek an experienced physician who has injection expertise and the aesthetic eye that agrees with yours.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma results are tailored by the injector

The beauty of Voluma is that the result is controlled by the injector and so there is a fair amount of flexibility with the end result.  That also points to the need for a well-experienced injector and one with a good aesthetic eye for planning out your results.  

I always emphasize to my clients that the best product can be injected incorrectly if the injector is inexperienced.  But with a good injector, a product such as Voluma can be used to replace lost mid face volume or simply enhance cheek bone projection in a manner that looks very natural.

I hope that helps!

Voluma is an excellent option for creating high cheekbones

Voluma is a newer generation filler consisting of hyaluronic acid gel. We generally identify filler based on their longevity, ability to lift and softness. Voluma has a duration of approximately 2 years and has an excellent ability to lift, thereby an excellent option for creating a high cheekbone. It does need to be positioned well, as fillers really require not just injection expertise but an aesthetic eye to make sure that the injected location creates the look that the patient desires. I also like injecting with a cannula to limit bruising and swelling.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD