My crown as been fitted but it's not straight at bottom to my other tooth - can it be filed straight now it's been fitted?

Can this crown be filed? #DrSoftTouch

Your question is not clear and without photos it's difficult to provide an answer, but I'll try as best I can. Is the crown longer than the surrounding teeth? Is it shorter? Slanted? If the incisal edge of your new crown is not properly aligned with the surrounding teeth, it's possible that a simple adjustment can fix this issue. However, your bite needs to be taken into account when making adjustments to your crown. If there is an issue with the way your crown fits at the gum line then it may need to be remade. The best advice I can give is to follow up with your dentist to discuss your concerns. I hope this helps.  Follow me for more questions and answers.

Tooth Filing

Yes, your tooth can be filed to even it out with the other tooth. It's not ideal, but it can be done.

Crown

Hi:

Without an X-ray it is difficult to give you proper advice.  Normally, it is best to re fabricate the crown to make sure it is fitted correctly, however there are many circumstances that might make this not possible.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist