Should I buy over the counter cement to put back the crown and post until my doctor appointment about 20 days from now?

My crown and the post attached to it got loose two days ago and came off today. I do not have dental insurance and will buy it as soon as possible; however, it will not come into effect until the beginning of the next month which is 18 days away. I am not sure what to do in this situation to minimize the damage.

Over the counter cement

Hi:

I definitely suggest for you to go to a dentist right away to make sure the crown and post is properly recemented.  Improper cementation of the tooth can result in bite issues and further damage to your tooth and crown.

Dr. Maddahi

Beverly Hills Dentist

What to do when post and crown comes out...#DrSoftTouch

I would not recommend attempting to temporarily cement the post and crown. The best advice I can give you is to see your dentist right away to address the issue. If the tooth is in good condition with no decay present, the post and crown can be recemented. The cost to have this done is minimal, even without dental insurance. If your dentist finds decay or a fracture present and the crown can not be recemented, I would recommend discussing your options (possibly a new post and crown, extraction and implant, extraction and bridge). At that point, you can determine whether or not it'd be beneficial to wait until your insurance is effective to have treatment completed. I hope this helps.  Follow me for more questions and answers.

Cement, crown, post, comes out.

Dear vnahi54:

No you should not.  Before you attempt to do anything, see if you can seat the crown and post properly all the way. If you can,  please watch the video I have attached on how to do it. If you can not, you need to call your dentist and tell the staff that it is an emergency, especially if it is a front tooth.   Decide for yourself if you can walk around without it. There are plenty of dentists around who would be more than happy to see you right away.