Is it normal for your dental crown to have a rough texture?

Once i first got my dental permenat crown its was smooth not it is still smooth but a little rough on the top is this normal?

Rough dental crown #DrSoftTouch

Thanks for your question. The texture of your crown should remain the same. I would recommend seeing your dentist for an evaluation to ensure your crown has not been damaged. I hope this helps.  Click "save" under my name if you think you'll have more questions that you'd like me to answer.

Crown texture

Normally the texture of the crown remains smooth, unless there is damage from diet or clenching and grinding.  I would suggest for you to go to your dentist to examine the crown and re polish the surface if necessary.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist