Umbilicoplasty gone wrong. Is there any way to improve the scarring or reshape the belly button? (Photos)

Hey I'm a black male in my 20s. I had a very bad surgeon that performed an umbilicoplasty in 2007 that has left the area badly scared.I have had 1 consultation already and have been told that I don't have a lot of skin in the area to work with. I really would like to correct this or at least improve it.Happy to travel overseas for the right surgeon.Please advise

Dark scars and umbilical scar revision

Plato's Scar Serum, Melarase PM; fat grafting, and surgical scar revision can help camouflage your scars. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Umbilicoplasty gone wrong

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I do think that your belly button appearance can be made better by removing the vertical scar along the upper part of your belly button while using stitches to create a more "innie" appearance.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, they should be able to help you with a short in-office procedure.  Hope this helps.

Umbilicoplasty

Sorry to hear about your problem. Yes there's certainly something that can be done...  Essentially moving the top part down and trying to get the middle to invert as well. It would have some scar but at least it wouldn't look like a double umbo.  Hopefully just a nice round uniform shape.  You should be able to find a PS near you but if not let me know!

Belly Button Plastic Surgery

Yes, based on the photo (and you need an in person examination) I think that could be made better.  It would require some local anesthesia and about 40 minutes of tinkering, but you should be able to achieve an improved result.
No need to travel overseas, just find a board certified plastic surgeon near you and I'm sure this can be done.
Good Luck!

Thomas P. Sterry, MD