Small lift (crescent) in office vs lollipop lift? (Photo)

I had assymetry issues to start with. Implant placed in both with a donut lift on the one side. Feel like the donut lift didn't do anything besides allow my nipple to stretch. The suggestion now is to do a small lift in office but I'm concerned that will only increase my stretching. I think I may need the lollipop lift.

Lollipop lift

Thank you for your question.  The lollipop lift will have a more predictable result for this degree of correction.  Good luck.

Lift

It would be nice to see your preops.  It looks like the nipple areola complex has to be lifted some more.  Best of luck.

Breast lift

This is why I do not use the donut lift. It has very limited lifting use and often ends with stretched areola and flattened breasts. I would probably use a lollipop lift to correct your breast. Good luck.

Classic failure of periareolar lift

The donut lift or periareolar lift is really not much of a lift and IMHO way overused. It often results in pleats and an overly large areola which you have. Now that skin has already been removed it is unlikely have the laxity to convert to a vertical lift. Sorry but at this point be very careful as more surgery may cause you to have significant complications. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. A "donut" lift in the office will cause worsening stretching, flattening of your breast, and a wide scar around your areola.  This has a high probability of not working in you, particularly if done under local anesthesia in the office.  The quick fix may be tempting for both surgeon and patient but can often lead to unsatisfactory results.  I recommend a formal breast lift in the operating room under general anesthesia.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Lollipop lift ?

Thanks for your pictures and the photos. 

Yes, The donut lift (Periolar lift) has limited nipple elevating ability and is prone to either the areola stretching , or sometimes the scar. Based on your photos, I don't think a crescent will bring you high enough.  Repeating the prei lift  may not get you high enough on the right and would likely stretch again.  The Lollipop allows more areolar elevation. because the lollipop "stick" pulls the tissues in from the side there tends to be less areolar stretching.

Hope this helps.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Nipple lift question

Hello and thank you for the question and the photo. As you have experienced, breast implants can sometimes MAGNIFY asymmetry. I would agree that most of the time, doughnut lifts do nothing other than stretch out the nipple. This is a common issue with binelli type nipple lifts. Some doctors will use a permanent suture to prevent the stretch, but that sometimes leaves a palpable string that you can feel around the nipple. 

In this case, I would suggest having the full lollipop type lift. Most women don't want the vertical scar, and I understand that, but it is really the best / only way to correct this issue.

You should seek several consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any decisions. As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care physician.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon