Is excess skin / wrinkling post breast lift (anchor lift) normal? (Photo)

These photos are from about 2 months post op The most aggressive lift was performed (anchor) When standing or leaning forward they look alright but when laying down flat on my back or at different angles on my side they wrinkle up and also fall to the sides. :( Is this normal? Is a revision needed? Can anything be done to make them look better? Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced!

Excess Skin Post Anchor Lift

Depending on your procedure, those with incisions around the nipples, there is the potential to affect your areolae during the healing process. Most commonly, we prefer the lollipop or donut lift because of the shape, small scars and easier healing. The nipple-areola complex is repositioned higher, the excess skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and in a more normal position.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk. Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible. Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation. 

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

If you are worried that your incisions or scars are not healing well, then it is a good idea to visit your surgeon for an examination of the area to determine how well the healing process is going.

Residual skin excess

Thank you for your question.  Although it appears that you can use some improvement, it's hard to make a judgment without knowing what your starting point was.  Be sure to communicate your concerns to your surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

You might get some improvement with an implant to help give more volume. I would suggest going back to your surgeon and discussing all your concerns..

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon