Is Vbeam a Good Laser Treatment for Rosacea?

Has anyone tried vbeam laser for rosacea treatment? Is it effective? How soon? What was healing like? Did you need more than one session?

​Love the V-beam for Rosacea redness

Love the V-beam for Rosacea redness – I don’t know of anything else like it. Patients notice results within 2 weeks. Depending on degree of redness, you may require anywhere from 1-3 sessions. And, yes, eventually that redness will return over the next 2 years, as new superficial blood vessels gradually take the place of the ones we’ve treated. But there’s no laser that better targets hemoglobin for marked improvement.

​Love the V-beam for Rosacea redness

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I use it for my own rosacea!

I battle rosacea alongside my patients! I love the vbeam laser for being my go-to treatment!

The Vbeam Laser produces bursts of light that selectively destroy the blood vessels anywhere on the body.

Pulsed dye laser treatment is so safe that it has been used successfully for the treatment of port wine stains in infants and young children. The Vbeam skin laser can also be used to treat rosacea, stretch marks, warts and keloids, or even tiny spider veins on the legs or face.

After applying numbing cream, the laser light is applied to the patient’s skin. Vbeam skin laser treatment is relatively painless and does not require a long healing time. The most common reaction patients experience include just a few hours of mild redness.

Treatment with the Vbeam may consist of multiple treatments, depending upon the condition and needs of the patient’s body. For facial veins, one treatment may be sufficient for clearance (that said, additional treatments are not uncommon). These treatments occur on an average of every 4 weeks depending on the area and type of treatment.

Tanya Kormeili, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

I use it for my own rosacea!

Tanya Kormeili, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Vbeam & Rosacea

Vbeam is a great laser for rosacea, and very commonly used in my practice. Typically, my patients are treated over 4 sessions, once every 3-4 weeks. They return for re-treatment or another round whenever they notice the redness returning. Rosacea is not something that can be cured, but managed. Avoiding triggers, like excessive sun exposure, limiting alcohol intake and spicy foods will help as well. There is very little to no ‘down time’ with Vbeam treatments. Some minor redness and an occasional bruise may ensue but will usually last only a day or two.

Supriya Tomar, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Vbeam & Rosacea

Supriya Tomar, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating Rosacea with LimeLight IPL

The signs of Rosacea : facial redness and broken capillaries, are easily treated with many laser therapies. Some lasers are more harsh on the skin than others.  The Limelight IPL is a non-invasive method of targeting the pigmented redness and minimizing the telangiectasias ( tiny veins).  This treatment is a mild delivery of heat sensation vs a "snap" of other laser types. Recovery is fast without any down-time as with older laser versions.

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Treating Rosacea with LimeLight IPL

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

V Beam and Others for Rosacea

Rosacea is a chronic condition that needs ongoing treatment to maintain control and best appearance. The V Beam and many other lntense pulse light laser devices are also beneficial and the recovery time is fast.
#Rosacea
#BBLlaser

V Beam and Others for Rosacea

#Rosacea
#BBLlaser

Vbeam is THE treatment for correcting the redness and thread veins

First off, think of Rosacea as a condition that requires ongoing management.
Identify the triggers and minimise the exposure.
Sun protection is very important as is good skincare to manage oiliness and encourage exfoliation.
None of the above effectively reduces the prominence of thread veins and redness.
Yes, you do need to have more than one VBeam treatment. In general, most people need upwards of three sessions to improve to the point of satisfaction.
Typically, improvement in flushing is noticed first (after 1-2 treatments for some). Depending on the size and nature of the thread veins, these can be rather stubborn. Nevertheless, I'd suggest non-bruising treatments for cosmetic reason.
Generally, the post treatment redness lasts for 24 hours. Some folks do develop swelling which can persist for several days. These signs are usually mild; down time with VBeam is really quite minimal.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Gold Standard

The VBeam Pulsed Dye Laser has historically been the gold standard for treating facial redness from Rosacea.  Since Rosacea tends to be a chronic skin disease it is not uncommon to need multiple treatments. The newer VBeam lasers do not require the downtime that the older devices required.

Gold Standard

Vbeam is a great laser for Rosacea

VBeam is the most advanced Pulsed Dye Laser Technology that treats red skin, broken blood vessels, rosacea, and birthmarks. This laser targets the selected area with an intense yet gentle burst of light. This laser is so safe that it’s used for the treatment of port wine stains on infants and young children. Treatments usually give quick improvement and the key is consistency with treatment. You will see dramatic results; it just takes time—and a combination of treatments and therapies.

Vbeam is a great laser for Rosacea

V Beam Lasers (595 nm long pulse dye laser) for Rosacea - Buffalo Niagara, NY

The V Beam by Candela is a 595 nm pulse dye laser that is utilized for venous lakes, the purplish reticular veins on the face as well as rosacea.

There are subtypes of rosacea and the 595 nm long pulse dye lasers are recommended for the treatment of telangiectasias and rhinophyma.

Depends on the subtype of rosacea

Pulse dye laser, or V beam is an excellent treatment for the 'erythotelengectatic' subtype of rosacea- namely if you have redness, flushing, blushing and blood vessels. One treatment will make a difference, however many patients will benefit from several sessions spaced 3-4 weeks apart. 

Papular, and pustular rosacea can also respond to this treatment. 

Rhinophyma rosacea is entirely different, and responds best to C02 laser.

Hope that helps

Dr Davin S Lim
Brisbane, Australia

Depends on the subtype of rosacea

Hope that helps

Dr Davin S Lim
Brisbane, Australia