My Vaser Lipo Looks Worse After 2 Weeks Than I Did on Day 1. Why?

The first day after my surgery everything looked great (even though I was in a ton of pain). Now my love handles are bigger than day one and my skin is so tight, and SUPER hard. What can I do so it's not so hard? Will I look like I did on day one again?

Looks Worse After 2 Weeks Than After Day 1

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It's very possible that you are experiencing some #swelling, which is not uncommon following #vaser liposuction. Gentle #walking may increase circulation and help to alleviate swelling. But you must not strain or push yourself. Also, if you were provided a post-procedure #garment, be sure you are wearing it until prescribed otherwise by your doctor. The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Many patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after procedures, as directed by their doctor; some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort.

The final results of the procedure are typically most noticeable 2-4 months following the #Vaser. So, you must have patience. Any swelling, indentations and bumps will gradually diminish while the contours of the treated area(s) can continue to improve up to one year post procedure; becoming more apparent in appearance. If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined. 

Two weeks post lipo and worse than preop

Don't panic. It is very common to experience a good deal of swelling following liposuction of any type. Remember liposuction is not an instant gratification procedure and often may take 3-6 months to achieve your end result. Follow your doctors instructions about resuming activity, eating right and possibly undergoing lymphatic massage / ultrasound. It may help you.

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD