Revision rhinoplasty - derotating the tip? (Photo)

My surgeon recommended to rotate my tip up. He truly thought my nose dropped too much. I regret to agree to it. My nose dropped when I smiled like Mika Brezinski's nose. It seems to me rotating the tip up is a routinely recommended procedure. I am looking for a skilled revision rhinoplastic surgeon in the US or Canada who could bring the 'drop' back and also sees the beauty in it. Mika Brezinski is beautiful even though her nose drops when she smiles. I had a similar smile to hers. Not anymore.

De-rotating the nasal tip

Hi Krisztina, while it is difficult to tell from your front view photo where your nasal tip is positioned, it is certainly possible to de-rotate a nasal tip downwards. The process will require placement of additional cartilage to help support the tip structures in the new, lowered position. Once positioned, your nasal tip will be less likely to drop  further down when you smile. Hope this helps.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

De-rotating an upturned nose

Although it is hard to tell without seeing your pictures what you are describing is possibly correctable such as the example in the link below

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

A few more photos needed

A few more photos including a side profile would help evaluate whether your nasal tip can be de-rotated or not

Derotation of the nose after rhinoplasty?

yes the nose can be Derotated by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. You can go on my website and the website of others and see photos where this has been done in the short or piggy nose as well as noses like yours. 

Revision Rhinoplasty and Decreasing Tip Rotation

Yes tip rotation can be decreased and/or the nose lengthened with a revision procedure. Without a full set of pictures as described on my website it is impossible to determine your specific needs.

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

A full set of facial photographs are required to make any determination about what can and cannot be accomplished with a revision rhinoplasty. In addition, a thoroughly internal and external examination of the nose usually required due to the fact that a revision rhinoplasty is the most difficult procedure to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery.  It may be possible to de-rotate the tip of the nose, but it is dependent upon many variables which include previous alterations of the anatomy, scar tissue, and the current position and relationships of the nasal tip cartilages