I have glaucoma. Can I do IPL on my face?

IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Question

Your glaucoma should not affect your ability to have IPL at all. Standard eye protection is all you (or anyone) needs.

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

IPL and glaucoma

Intense pulsed light should not affect the eye in any way as long as proper eye protection is worn.   It should be safe even with glaucoma. To be safe, it may be worth clearance from  your eye doctor. 

Daniel J. Givens, MD
Dubuque Facial Plastic Surgeon

IPL and glaucoma

Thank you for your question jessica seet. IĀ understand your concern. IPL is a great treatment for facial rejuvenation. Having a history of glaucoma is not a contraindication to IPL treatments. Eye protection is always used for patients and providers.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician