Crepey, thinner undereyes after IPL and NYag for Dark circles, 22 Yrs old. (photos)

I had 7 IPLs and 5 nYag in a course of 2.5 years to treat dark circles. Even after the first treatment, I noticed crepey eyes after recovery. Eyes would swell for a week after each treatment, but then leave with crepey eyes. Is it just dry or damaged? Is it permanent? I am 7 months post my last IPL. When I pull the skin down, I can still see small, silvery lines where I had none at all. Doctor said may be natural aging but I am only 22 and had very thick under eyes before.

Treating wrinkles around the eyes

Thank you for your question Junlee. I am sorry to hear about your situation. IPL is a great treatment for facial rejuvenation. Since the photographs are inconsistent in terms of lighting and color, it is difficult to make an assessment. However a variety of treatments such as fractional laser resurfacing are available for treating wrinkles around the eyes.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Under Eye Rejuvenation with fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve under the eye. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells there often. I suggest consulting with an expert to develop a treatment plan best suited for your short and long term goals. Best, Dr. Emer.