Is there any type of scanning that can reveal exact location of fat deposits on face?

I've had 4 liposuction procedures in my face and a buccal fat pad extraction. I still have this weird round shape in one side of my face. If not sculpted, at least I'd like my right side to look like the left. It seems the doctors are not hitting the right area. I also wonder if the doctor that did my buccal left too much fat on it 4 years ago). when I woke up from surgery he said "we can take out more", but when I went back he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. Im 50 years old

Liposuction is not fixing the facial problem

Thank you for asking about your facial fat deposits.
  • Your arrow on the photo does not suggest the problem is buccal fat.
  • The photo appears to show asymmetry of the cheek area - but it is difficult to be sure from one photo.
  • Scans can be done of the bone structure of the face (CT scan) and soft tissues (ultrasound) to try to locate the area that is bothering you so ti can be treated directly.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Is there any type of scanning that can reveal the location face fat deposits ? = Yes #fb #CTscan #MRI #buccalfatpad #drmesa

There are two types of scanning procedures that can reveal the location of internal structures in the face, including fat: The CT scan ( computed tomography scan) and MRI ( Magnetic Resonance Imaging).

CT scan is a specialized type of XR that gives detailed anatomy of the face or other body part, but involves exposure to low dose radiation.

MRI is an specialized type of magnet that reveals the anatomy of the face or other body part without need of low dose radiation exposure, but is contraindicated in patients with any metal implants in their bodies.

John Mesa, MD