Are there any butt injections which are safe and permanent?

I have a flat behind and i don't have extra fat for Brazilian butt lift. I also don't want to have implants because of it's implications. Is there any other way to increase my butt?

Buttock implants

There are currently NO FDA approved injections for the buttock that are permanent.  The best option for the buttock is a fat transfer OR a buttock implant.  

Long Lasting BBL

Thank you for your question. Theres no permanent procedure for increasing the volume of the buttocks. The "permanent increase" for the buttock are ilegal and extremely dangerous. 100% Hyaluronic acid can be use to increase the volume of the buttocks but has a limited time of living 8 months - a year. The long lasting procedure for increasing the volume of the buttock is after having a body lipo, the collected fat use to be transferred to the buttock or when theres no enough fat for transfer for the desired results placing silicon gel implants designed for this area.

Rafael Lluberes Freites, MD

Correcting a Flat Buttocks with Injections

That’s a great question! The answer is, not really. You’re absolutely right; safe and permanent injections sound like a good idea, but we are limited to what we can do and still produce significant enhancements.  It all boils down to your goals. The demand and popularity for buttock enhancement procedures in my practice is through the roof!  It’s allowed me to perfect my technique over the years so that I produce safe, reliable and long-lasting results that will age well with my patients whether it’s using fat only, gummy bear butt implants only, or both.  In the end, it’s important to choose whatever means necessary to achieve your desired goals for size, but more importantly shape! My patients generally seek to have a perky or curvaceous butt that is shapely, whether they are full-figured and voluptuous or shredded fitness types, and everything in the middle.  If your were gifted with a flat or shapeless butt or acquired it over the years, consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does all 3 major types of enhancements to understand all your options. It’s important to understand that the terms relating to buttock enhancement are not as important as what your specifically tailored plan entails. Often the words Buttock Augmentation, Butt Lift, Brazilian Butt Lift, Buttock Fat Grafting, Buttock Reshaping and so on are used interchangeably.  Get a consultation so that you can best understand what will help you achieve a sexier you.

Butt augmentation

Currently available safe modalities for enhancing your buttocks are limited to :1)fat grafting (BBL)2)implant augmentation3)Lateral thigh and buttocks liftNo injections are currently available that are safe and permanent.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Buttock augmentation options

Regarding buttock/hip augmentation surgery, let me start off by saying that I currently see at least 2 - 3 patients, domestic and international,  per week that failed "brazilian buttock lift" (i.e. the fat melted away after 10 - 12+ months) and are now seeking a more reliable and permanent option (i.e. buttock and/or hip implants). 
Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are options but what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection and long-term results. 
Indeed because at least 80+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you purposely gain weight (i.e. fat) for the procedure, the fat you lose first as you get back to your baseline weight is that very same fat that was transferred into your buttock...so don't fall victim to this recommendation. Even those patients that had adequate amounts of fat pre-operatively, still end up seeking buttock implants after a year or so because most of the fat transferred melted away leaving them with minimal result.  Although overall using your own fat is relatively safe, it not infrequently melts away unevenly leaving one butt cheek bigger than the other or with dimpling or hard fat cysts.  The one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This is even more likely to happen when using fillers like liquid silicone, PMMA, Sculptra, and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high infection rate, guaranteed tendency to migrate away from the original area they were injected, and almost always stimulate a lot of inflammation with a subsequent and disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening.
Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock/hip augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a 1 1/2 inch long incision along the inner curve of each upper buttock cheek at the level of the tailbone, similar to two opposing parentheses ")(" (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within (muscle thickness permitting) the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle or "subfascial". On the other hand, hip implants are placed under just the fascia because no significant muscle exists in this region. However, because they are much smaller and lighter, their likelihood of migration is relatively low. Because all of this, it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure so that the implant placement is precise for both locations. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to

Ryan Stanton, MD

Thank you for sharing your question. Unfortunately there are only two safe methods at attempting a buttock augmentation - fat grafting or implant placement.  The former requires sufficient adipose collections to be able to transfer the fat to a patient's buttock while the latter does come with some inherent risks.  One alternative you may be able to try is the use of Sculptra dermal fillers into the buttocks to have your own body tissues stimulated into growth but the results are not permanent.