39 with an unusual shaped nipple - Can it be made to look normal during a Breast Lift with Implants surgery? (photo)

Hi there, I'm 39 and ever since I can remember I've had this odd shaped nipple. A "gentleman" made a thoughtless remark a while ago and now have been very self conscious. I'm at the stage where I'm thinking about a breast lift with implants and was wondering if my nipple could be made to look normal (as the other one does)? Would I lose the sensitivity I have now? I don't have children nor do I want any. Please help with advice. Many thanks

Nipple Revision Surgery

Although it's possible to correct a nipple deformity at the time of breast augmentation, it's probably not a good idea. It's not unusual for the nipple ductal system to be chronically contaminated with bacteria. When these procedures are performed together, there's the potential to inadvertently infect the implant pocket.

For this reason, we prefer to perform nipple corrections as secondary procedures after wound healing is complete. This correction can be easily accomplished under local anesthesia on an outpatient basis.

If you're considering nipple reconstruction, consultation with your plastic surgeon is appropriate. Your surgeon should be able to outline a treatment plan that addresses your concerns.

A nipple revision can be also performed when you have your procedure.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Nipple revision can be done but at a separate procedure from your breast lift and augmentation

Your breast lift and augmentation should give you a nice breast shape.  However this procedure does put stress on the blood supply to the nipple.  Personally I would be unwilling to make incisions and revise the nipple at the same time as a breast lift and augmentation.  My recommendation would be to wait 4-6 months after your breast lift and augmentation before having the nipple revision.  Once you've recovered fully from the breast lift and augmentation a nipple revision should be able to improve the appearance of your nipple.

39 with an unusual shaped nipple - Can it be made to look normal during a Breast Lift with Implants surgery?

The nipple size or shape can be changed to be more similar to the other.