Thrombosed vein after mini arm lift. Could this have been caused by the electrical currents?

Mini arm lift 6 weeks ago during which I felt the electrical currents during the cauterisation along the whole length of the arm down to the fingers. I have a painful thrombosed vein (confirmed) which feels like a cord under the skin of the inside of my arm. Could this have been caused by the electrical currents ? I cannot ask my surgeon as it's likely to offend him. Please help as I'm very scared that it may not resolve

Any trauma may predispose to clot formation.  More important than the cause would be to ensure that you are diagnosed and treated adequately.

Superficial clots can be treated conservatively and generally resolve.  However, if the clot involves a deeper vein, it can communicate with larger vessels in your axilla and thorax which may mandate treatment with a blood thinner.  I would speak with your physician and ensure that additional treatment is not necessary.

Castle Rock Plastic Surgeon

Thrombosed vein?

Clot formation has been documented to occur via three mechanisms including endothelial injury, stasis of blood and inflammation leading to hypercoagulability. I don't believe electrocautery led to your blood clotting, but you should ask your plastic surgeon. You should have your plastic surgeon check your vein soon as possible to be sure the inflammation dissipates and does not become more serious. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD