Thick, wide bulbous nose... Need advice!

My nose is ruining my life and really destroyed my confidence. I always wanna get a rhinoplasty but uncertain if there's even hope for me. My nose has a thick wide skin and I'm not sure how to describe this to a doctor and how I want it to look like. I just want it to look good in my face. I came from Philippines so I am a Filipino. Tell me there is hope for me. I hate looking at my face in front of the mirror every single day.

Thick bulbous nose

Dear Mr. Z,
Thank you for the question, Rhinoplasty is a great operation but a few things should be kept in mind. It can help make the tip smaller and more narrow but there are limitations in the extent .  As you point out you are Filipino and patients with thicker skin and wider noses have in general more swelling after surgery.  They also cannot be made too small or pointy because of limitations in the anatomy.  This is important to understand as you consider surgery.  Have a plastic surgeon discuss in person with you the recovery, postop course and operation itself.  Hope this helps and good luck!

Dr Narasimhan

Sherman Plastic Surgeon

Filipino nose is there a hope?

Hi Dear Yes there is a hope.
I do this kind of problems with building the missing part of upper half of nose with a cartilage graft to and reduce the size and thickness of nostrils along with tip in two stages.Tip is thick because of thick skin and because of thick fibro fatty tissue between the infrastructure ( cartlages) and skin of your nose.
I hope you find some day who can do this within you budget

Rhinoplasty

Hi,

I am sure there is room for improvement, I suggest 
augmentation of the bridge, tip refinement and elevation would make a difference!
best wishes

J Tahery 
Chester

Jawed Tahery, FRCS
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon