Will half injection lip filler make a difference? (Photo)

Having half injection of Surgiderm 30XP in just over a week. I have a small and apparently wonky top lip. I have only noticed that the top lip is this wonky from seeing these photos! It's not noticeable to the naked eye unless you really look closely. How much fuller will my top lip look just from half dose? I want it similar in size to my lower lip, maybe just a fraction smaller so it doesn't look odd! I know surgiderm isn't used in the US but I'm assuming it does the same thing as Juviderm?

1/2 to 1 cc

Q small amount of filer can correct the area .You can later after two weeks if necessary.Some ha filers do not last long. Longer lasting filers in U.S. Are restylane and juvederm ultra .

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Injectable Candidacy

Thank you for your question, kndcy1. Fillers will be able to add volume to thin lips. I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who has plenty of experience in lip injections to ensure you receive the highest quality care, knowledge, treatment and skill available.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Try one cc of hyaluronic acid

I think 0.5 cc will make a very small difference.  Nothing wrong with trying and adding later, but I think you can use a full cc of hyaluronic acid.  I personally like restylane in the lips, but juvederm is also excellent.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

1cc to start

You should start out with maybe 1cc of filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Lip Injection

It  appears that you have a nice shape to your lip but I do believe that you will need more than half of a syringe to get the complete look that you want. Please consult a board certified dermatologist who specializes in lip augmentation and cosmetic injections for the best results. Best, Dr. Green

I'm sure it will

Hi Kndcy1

Thanks for your question. Generally speaking you will pay for one syringe regardless of how much you use.

So definitely discuss this with your surgeon as to how much fullness you want. He should be able to put some in and then get you to check, and then if necessary put in some more. You may want to be conservative the first time but you do want to see a difference.

Juviderm is a great product to use and you can get fabulous results from this.

Good Luck with your procedure.