Drooping right eyebrow and eyelid, left eyebrow is arched and open more? (Photo)

Hello, i am 34 years old, never had anything done on my face. In the last 4 years my face has became very asymmethrical. My right eyebrow and eyelid dropped and left eyebrow lifted. Never had asymmetry problems before. Can it be from chewing food to much with left side of mouth? What options do i have to correct it? Long term. Thank you

Left upper eyelid ptosis

Hi, looking at your eyebrows and eyelids I can see that you have a left upper eyelid ptosis with subtle compensatory brow elevation. The tell tale sign is also the increased upper tarsal skin show, the distance between the lashes and the skin crease on the left side. That indicates that the fine aponeurosis at the front of the muscle that lifts the eyelid, called the levator, is thinned and risen up a little, as a result the lid droops.Ptosis requires assessment by an oculoplastic surgeon which is an ophthalmologist who has specialised in plastic and reconstructive surgery of the eyelids and around the eyes. They will have to do measurements and advise on the surgery, if you are keen to correct it. They will make sure there is no other more serious cause. Surgery is done under a local anaesthetic as a day case and you don't feel anything. There are usually some small sutures (stitches) on the eyelid hidden in the crease which are gently removed a week after surgery. Hope the above helps you.

London Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical eyebrows and eyelids

A closer up photo of your eyebrows and eyes would be helpful to give you the best advice.  It is possible that you could have ptosis of one of your upper eyelids, and this could explain the asymmetry of your eyebrows and eyelids.  Ptosis occurs when the muscle in the upper eyelid weakens and it cause the upper eyelid to fall lower across the eyeball.  This can in turn result in the brows becoming asymmetric.  Chewing food on one side of the mouth would not cause this issue.  I would recommend seeing an oculoplastic surgeon to be evaluated.  There is a surgical procedure which can normally correct ptosis.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon