Does my eyebrow drop after blepharoplasty?

Hello.I want to have second blepharoplasty.But does it cause to droopy eyebrows ? Thanks

Droopy eyebrows after blepharoplasty

If you have already had one blepharoplasty you will inevitably have less skin on your upper eyelids so any further skin excision can result in two potential problems, eyelids not closing and risk of severe dry eye and eye exposure, and eyebrows pulled down resulting in a very odd appearance. An oculoplastic surgeon can assess you and tell you what the risk is, checking the number of mm of eyelid skin remaining after your first blepharoplasty, checking the position of the skin crease, and the mobility of the eyebrows. There are minimum amounts of skin that have to be present for good eyelid closure and to keep an attractive small fold of skin on the upper eyelid which allows the eyebrows to remain in their normal position.

London Oculoplastic Surgeon

Your eyebrows should not drop after blephroplasty if done properly.  You can also get more then one blephroplasty in your life time depending on how fast you develop the excess skin.  In choosing your plastic surgeon for the blephroplasty the best thing to do is view the before/after photos of the surgeon (make sure they show you three views from each patient - front, quarter turn and profile views) to make sure you like his/her work and make sure they show you a lot of before/after photos.  If you like the results then make a consultation appointment to see him/her.

Andre Aboolian, MD