CoolSculpting arms with contraceptive implant already inserted?

I have a Implanon inserted inside the middle area of my inner arm, would this be safe and will this effect my contraceptive implant from working?

Your question is best answered by a coolsculpting expert in UK or Europe. Reason is that coolsculpting has not been FDA approved in the US and while it can be safely performed 'off label', there is limited informationpublished on arm implantation and coolsculpting.

Providence Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I would recommend speaking to the physician who inserted the implant. Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Hi and thanks for your question. I would recommend that you see the physician who inserted the contraceptive implant and ask him/her directly about this issue.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Contraceptive implants and CoolSculpting

To my knowledge, CoolSculpting an area containing an Implanon or Nexplanon implant has not been studied.  In general, these types of contraceptive implants are very easy to remove.  Though it may be safe to get CoolSculpting with one in place, out of an abundance of caution, my recommendation would be to have the implant removed prior to CoolSculpting.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon