CoolSculpting done on stomach. The next day I have a welt under bra line and when I massaged it is leaking clear liquid (Photo)

Should I be concerned? I called where I got done and she said it was from machine to just put vit e on it. Is this normal?

CoolSculpting done on stomach. The next day I have a welt under bra line and when I massaged it is leaking clear liquid

Thank you for your question. Vitamin E should not be applied. I would recommend being examined by a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with experience in CoolSculpting. An in-person assessment is always best. Regards, 

Hi and very sorry to hear about the superficial burn which occurred. I would not recommend Vitamin E as it may cause a contact dermatitis and delay healing. Silvadene cream is the best local treatment, but the physician who treated you needs to look at the area and treat it promptly. This isn't something I have seen in our practice.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Blistering Not Typical

Ouch! I'm sorry to see that you've developed a blister after your CoolSculpting treatment. Although I've never seen this occur in my own practice, it is possible that you were burned during the treatment. I'm alarmed that the person you spoke with simply told you to administer vitamin E. Blistering is not a typical response and requires examination. I recommend locating a CoolSculpting certified practice near you to speak with the professionals there about what you can do to safely heal. You could also reach out to CoolSculpting directly.

Theresa M. Jarmuz, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blister After Coolsculpting

It is not common to get blisters, this needs formal would care not just vitamin E. I suggest you see an expert dermatologist who can evaluate your wound and prevent a scar. Also you should find out if you got actual coolsculpting or if it was a copy/non FDA approved device.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Blister after coolsculpting.

This is definitely a blister which is not a normal finding after coolsculpting. Did you use any heat or heating pads afterwords? I would be a bit more forceful with the treating doctors office about being seen.

Blister After CoolSculpting

That is a blister. It should not occur after a CoolSculpting treatment. Was a gelpad used to protect your skin? Are you sure it was an actual CoolSculpting machine that was used and not a knock-off? You should return to wherever you got the treatment done and bring this to the attention of the physician in charge.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Blister

Coolsculpting is a great way to remove a stubborn bulge.  I have never seen a blister after the procedure.  I would definitely return to your treating physician for examination to make sure that this is not a burn.  Best, Dr. Green