Cool Sculpting, pain, and Fibromyalgia

I want to get cool sculpting done on my little belly, but after reading about the pain some people suffered, I'm hesitant. I have Fibromyalgia and I seem to feel pain differently - it's like the pain is magnified. I am currently controlling the Fibromyalgia pain with Tylenol Arthritis. If I were to take an anti-inflammatory, would that affect the process of Cool Sculpting (which I believe involves inflammation) and reduce its efficacy?

Cool Sculpting, pain, and Fibromyalgia

Thank you for your question. Everyone has a different experience. I have had a few patients with Fibromyalgia and they have been fine. The pain may have been slightly more magnified. Taking an anti-inflammatory should not impact the outcome of your treatment. If you are concerned and have specific questions, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for a consultation.This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a good candidate. Regards,

Cool Sculpting, pain, and Fibromyalgia

I am unaware of any association between Coolsculpting and fibromyalgia. However, I would address your concerns with the practice that evaluates you for this treatment. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

There is pain with coolsculpting some people less than others.  I suggest seeing a body contouring specialist to see what you are a candidate for.  Best, Dr. Emer.