Is this bump bone, a callus or swelling? (photo)

Last year I had a open rhinoplasty to reduced the size and straighten my nose. After 3 months, once the swelling had subsided a bump appeared central to the bridge. After meeting with my surgeon a revision date was organised for a closed rhinoplasty 12 months later. I'm now 2 weeks post revision surgery and although the original bump seems to have been taken care of, a new bump on the left side of my bridge has appeared where originally before the op it had been smooth. Thanks in advance.

Rhinoplasty irregularity

Thank you for the question and photos.  If the bump in question is very hard I would suspect that it is part of the nasal bones.  The nasal bones are in the general area of the bump that is shown in the photos.  It could be that the bone needed to be shaved down more or that a piece of the bone that was shaved down remained and is now attached to the underlying soft-tissue.  Sometimes a little Kenalog steroid injection can be injected to reduce small irregularities such as these especially if the bump is considered to be cartilage or scar tissue.  Your plastic surgeon should be able to narrow the possible list of diagnosis based on an exam.

Dr. Remus Repta