Can I do ultherapy after I've had botox and fillers?

Ultherapy after botox and fillers

Yes, Ultherapy can be done after having Botox and fillers done. The Ultherapy will not interfere with your Botox and filler results.

Ultherapy after Botox and Facial Fillers

There are 1-2 papers that have been published which show that Ultherapy results are improved with injectable fillers - they seem to increase innate collagen production, meaning that Ultherapy done with fillers has a better outcome than Ultherapy alone. When they use it with Sculptra, these authors have coined the term 'Sculptherapy" to promote this type of practice. Read the Ultherapy book provided on the link below: 

Ultherapy and Injectables

Yes, patients can undergo an Ultherapy treatment after receiving Botox or fillers. Ultherapy will not compromise the results of your injectable treatment. 

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy with Botox and Fillers

Yes you can.  Ultherapy can be done after Botox and fillers but you will want to wait for at least a week after the Botox is done and about a month after the fillers are injected.  This is to prevent any potential breakdown of the product.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Ultherapy After Botox and Fillers

Ultherapy after Botox and fillers shouldn't be as problem so long as you let bruises and swelling subside. Generally, I would wait a couple of weeks before starting Ultherapy treatment, but you should speak directly with your cosmetic surgeon to get his or her unique opinion first. By seeing you face to face, you surgeon will be able to determine your eligibility.

Carlo P. Honrado, MD, FACS

Yes, it is perfectly fine to have Ultherapy treatments after you've had Botox or other fillers injected. 

Waiting for Ultherapy after Botox and fillers

It is completely acceptable for you to proceed with Ultherapy after having Botox and/or fillers. However, it is recommended to wait about two to four weeks before starting Ultherapy. This is preferred to allow swelling and bruising from the injections to subside prior to Ultherapy treatment.  

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy After Botox and Fillers

Yes, you can have Ultherapy performed after receiving Botox or dermal filler injections. I typically wait at least 2 days after doing Botox, or I do Botox immediately after Ultherapy. A new study that was presented at this year's ASLMS, and will be published soon, shows that you can do Ultherapy immediately after fillers with no problems. I typically wait a couple of days just to avoid increased swelling. Otherwise, I do the fillers immediately after the Ultherapy and have written a paper on the safety of this technique.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes, you can have fillers and botox around the time of Ultherapy.

Fillers and botox can be done around the time of Ultherapy, but we find that there may be a little bit more bruising and swelling when these are done around that time.  If we do botox and fillers on the same day as Ultherapy, we usually do the Ultherapy first and then the fillers/botox afterwards as our patients are numbed and comfortable by that time.  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

Ulthera

yes, but i would do them in the reverse order to prevent breakdown of the filler from the heat generated by ulthera, and to prevent unwanted migration of the neurotoxin

Joseph A. Russo, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon