Six days post-op scar is not healing on left upper eyelid, will this heal? (photos)

Ssince day 1 left eye more swollen than right . Anti B taken post pp continue tI'll 7 days . No exudate but swelling left eye far tighter and worse than right . Today applied warm compress and could see suture line open mid line not clinically infected . Suture removal tomorrow . Please advise if this will heal with steristrips or will it heal or will it require restore so scar neat. Many thanks for your advice

Incision question

You are far too early in the healing process for the incision to be healed to the point of fading.  Do not pull or tug on the healing incision.  Follow your surgeon's advice for care to the area.  This is very delicate skin but it usually heals very well over time.

Scar not healing

It is way way to early for you to determine your scar is not healing. It's going to take a year to look its best. If you are really worried, consult the surgeon who did your surgery. We're only  looking at pictures on computer screens. Your doctor can take a close-up look.

Daniel Lensink, MD
Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon

Please ignore the doctor advising you to have laser treatment to the scars.

That advice is self-servicing is not likely to benefit you.

The would dehiscence will heal.  Generally these heal beautifully.  I am much more concerned with the overall design of the surgery.  This is was a very aggressive upper blepharoplasty with upper eyelids that are higher than necessary.  I am concerned that the eyelids will heal with upper eyelid ptosis.  Follow your surgeons advice and consider reposting if issues with your upper eyelid persist.

Solutions for Suture Scar

This is difficult to answer because you are so close to your procedure. I have all my patients who do surgery have fractional laser (fraxel/clear and brilliant) to start treatments 3 weeks after surgery.  This helps the scars remodel and look better long term. I would follow-up with your Dr. about aftercare and scar treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

Upper lid incision

It is not uncommon to have asymmetry in the swelling and healing.  You are still early in the healing phase so it is not unusual.  When a scar opens I just let it heal in.  This skin is very thin and heals nicely so that you rarely see a scar.  Trying to close it at this point can create more bruising and swelling and does not improve the outcome.  

Lasers can help scars, but are rarely used on the upper eyelid due to the difficulty in protecting the eye from the laser, and the rare need for it in the upper lid as this skin heals so well.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon