3 days after a mini tummy tuck with Lipo, I'm very swollen. Is it normal to be this swollen? (Photo)

I'm very uncomfortable and mega swollen, is this normal? Why can't I see my Lipo holes, did he not do Lipo like he said? Why is my back hurting me?

Healing process

Everything you are seeing is normal and due to swelling. The appearance of your abdomen will continue to improve as you continue to heal. Be patient with your recovery, this is all normal following and mini tummy tuck and liposuction. Good luck with your recovery.

Dean Vistnes, MD.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself # minitummytuck #liposuction 

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck - 3 days, I'm very swollen

First, you'll need to talk to your own PS about the specifics of what you had done.  Since lipo can be done via the BB or the incision that's used for the Mini-TT, the fact that you don't see lipo holes doesn't mean it wasn't done.

The more pressing concern, though, is the swelling and for that you absolutely need to talk to your PS.  Despite your drains you could have a back-up of fluid (blood and/or serous fluid) and letting him or her know what your status is step #1.  When you talk to your PS about this, you can also discuss the lipo.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf500