What type of bandages/splint is used after closed tip plasty and when can I go back to work?

Im planning to have a closed tip plasty ( add lenghth to my tip) and would like to know when can I go back to work without any bandegs or cast? Is 3 days enough?

Tip surgery

It is just a tip graft, then the septum was probably used for the graft and sometimes the nose is packed after septal surgery. Otherwise, externally, I would just use tape.

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Healing after a tip rhinoplasty

In our practice only tape is applied across the tip of the nose when a tip rhinoplasty is performed. A cast is not required since osteotomies are not performed. These usually just associated swelling in the tip, and no bruising. Most patients  will go back to work in approximately one week.

Nasal surgery

Most surgeons leave dressings on for one week.  After that taping of the nose may be needed, but usually at night only.  Discuss with a board certified surgeon the treatment, risks and recovery.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD