Had lip filler 3 days ago. I have hard lumps and an uneven duck mouth. Is this normal? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Lumps and Bumps
Lip filler bumps is fairly common after filler. The bumps can occur early on and many settle down. Although massage after filler is considered a mainstay, beware that massage can drive the filler into another location if done too early.
Reasons for bumps after filler:
- Technique- Filler may have been used too superficially or wrong type of filler
- Mouth movements- In some patients their movements can promote the accumulation of bumps and an alternative technique can be advocated.
Treating lip filler bumps:
- Observation +/- massage- Should be done for almost all lip filler bumps for 2 weeks. For our patients we usually advocated massage after 48-72 hours to let the filler settle into place.
- Reversal- A reversal agent can be used such as Vitrase to dissolve the filler if there is a large obvious persistent bump
- Additional filler- An expert filler injector can used improved technique to mask the lip bumps.
The application of lip filler is very technical and should be done by an expert injector.
Filler and lumps
Lip Augmentation is a simple and effective way of restoring or adding lost volume in the lips. If you feel that it is uneven or have lumps I would wait a week to ten days after your injections to evaluate. If there still seems to be a problem you should return to your treating physician. For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in facial cosmetic injections.
I have hard lumps and an uneven duck mouth. Is this normal?
You might also like...
Uneven lips and lumps after fillers
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.