Had lip filler 3 days ago. I have hard lumps and an uneven duck mouth. Is this normal? (Photo)

I had lip filler to my top lip to contour and fill on 8th October it's now 11th is this normal result I have 3 hard lumps under my top lip and feel that they are not even. Is this normal. Do I need my bottom lip filled also. My Dr told me to massage the area daily also. I still have a duck mouth and beginning to regret having this procedure Thanks

Filler and lumps

Lip Augmentation is a simple and effective way of restoring or adding lost volume in the lips.  If you feel that it is uneven or have lumps I would wait a week to ten days after your injections to evaluate.  If there still seems to be a problem you should return to your treating physician.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in facial cosmetic injections.

I have hard lumps and an uneven duck mouth. Is this normal?

I'm sorry to hear you are anxious about your results.  Post-injection instructions vary from physician to physician.  I don't like my patients massaging lips because it will displace the filler from where I want it to be.  At this time, you have some swelling from the procedure, and I would advise you to not evaluate the results of your injection at this stage.  Give it 2-3 weeks for the swelling to go down.  I do agree that with your lip in this slightly swollen state, you need some filler in the lower lip for balance, but once the swelling goes down, things may be in better harmony.  If at 2-3 weeks you absolutely hate the way the top lip looks, then you can ask your physician to dissolve the product with hyaluronidase -- I don't think this will be necessary though.  I wish you well!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven lips and lumps after fillers

Massage can be helpful in smoothing out uneven areas in the lips. It will take about 2 weeks for the swelling to completely resolve. If you are still unhappy with the results at that time, you can alway have some of the filler removed with Hyaluronidase if a hyaluronic acid was used for your filler. Thank you for sharing your photo and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD