First time lip filler. Does it have a shorter time span?

I've been told that the very first lip augmentation with fillers lasts only a month or 2 at best. Also will massaging lips 5 weeks after filler help dissolve it faster? Thank you I. Anticipation....

Long Lasting Lip Augmentation

Typically, this is not true for lip augmentation. With proper technique from an experienced and expert physician injector, the lip augmentation should last approximately 6 months (sometimes longer).

I have not found this to be the case. Juvederm in the lips will typically last 6-12 months if properly injected. Some patients seem to have collagen growth following repeated filler treatments that prolong the results. I don't recommend massage following lip injections as anything that spreads out the filler will be expected to reduce the result of the treatment. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronic acid fillers typically last 3-6 months in the lips.

Fillers such as juvederm or restylane typically last 3-6 months and run roughly $550 per syringe. Massaging will help even out lips with they are uneven.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

How long do lip fillers last?

Being a first time patient should not make any difference. I use Juvederm which lasts about six months and we can easily add to it to get the patient to their desired level of fullness. Of course we don't want to over do it . I prefer a change that is somewhat gradual and very natural. I prefer that patients do not massage their lips nor bite it after filler injection to allow it to heal exactly where it was injected for the perfect lips. Daniel Golshani, Beverly Hills.

S. Daniel Golshani, MD, FACS

#LipInjections #Juvederm. First time lip #filler. Does it have a shorter time span?

Maria,

The first time lip augmentation is no different in terms of longevity of the product. Most of my patients have results that last at least 6 months if done correctly.

Massaging the lips has not been shown to increase the rate of absorption. If there is too much filler or uneven, It can be dissolved with a separate injection with hyaluronidase.

I hope this was helpful,

Dr. Daniel Barrett
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Beverly Hills, CA

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Lip Augmentation and Longevity

Lip augmentation can last six to nine months depending on which filler was selected and the amount of filler injected. The key is choosing a board certified dermatologist with expertise in lip injections and choosing the correct filler based on your facial anatomy, lip shape, and desired fullness.