How much should you weigh or what BMI should you have for a Breast Fat Transfer procedure?

I'm a very thin woman, but have recently gained some fat on my tummy, butt, my upper thighs. I really don't have much fat or muscle tone elsewhere. I was wondering what factors make a fat transfer augmentation more successful.

Breast Fat transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Fat transfer to breasts

Personally, I advocate for smaller volumes of fat transfer to the breasts- approx 200-300cc or so. This works well for upper fullness and/or modest increases. Bear in mind, with any fat grafting, not all of the fat takes. If you are very thin and do not have adequate fat to harvest, implants are better and more predictable.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.