Rosacea & capillaries. Can I have Rosacea & capillaries treated safely by Palomar Icon laser or is it fractional device solely?

Can I have Rosacea and capillaries treated safely by Palomar Icon laser or is it fractional device solely? Thank you .

Vascular lasers for rosacea

Palomar Icon is not a good idea for rosacea. Rosacea is very complex and a tailored treatment program give the best results. This is because there are many types of rosacea (telengtctatic or capillaries, flushing and redness, acne like rosacea, ocular rosacea and even rhinophyma rosacea.)

To add to the complexity, everyone has different flare factors- Sunlight, stress, foods, chemical irritants, creams, changes in temperature, alcohol. The list goes on. 

A detailed history, together with a treatment tailored according to YOUR type of rosacea will give the best results. As a guide, I use a combination of -

1. Lasers ( to treat redness, broken capillaries, rhinophyma, flushing)- best laser is the V BEAM or Excel V. IPL can be used, but usually not as effective

2. Creams - anti inflammatory

3. Tablets -anti - inflammatory and sometimes low dose Vitamin A. 

4. For females- Mineral make up is recommend, over make up that contains parabens. 

For the best results, consult a dermatologist for both medical and laser treatment options. 

Kind regards.

Dr Davin S. Lim.

Laser Dermatologist.

Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Rosacea -- Yellow Laser, Pulsed Dye Laser/Vbeam, IPL

I suggest seeing an expert for vascular laser treatment for redness and capillaries. Best, Dr. Emer.