Hair loss by age or can hairloss stop?

Im 20 have hair loss and probably its genetic. But i just want to wonder how many hair i loss by age. Im now norwood scale 2 or 3 with vertex full of hair.Only my temples have balding spots. Im using my hair long. And i dont think about shave or etc(this is why i stop using minox on temples). My dad 50 year olds nw 4,5. Is there any chance i can save my hair for years?

Hair loss - how can I save my hairs

You are at risk for further loss as you have identified. You'll want to speak to a hair specialist for options including finasteride, minoxidil, laser and PRP. At 20 years of age, you are not a hair transplant candidate quite yet. 

Progressive hair loss

Genetic male patten hair loss the most. Common cause of hair loss. If your dad is 4-5 on the Norwood scale of hair loss and you already have thinning, your hair loss is most likely going to progress. You can see a hair loss specialist and get recommendations to slow down the progression of future hair loss. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

20 years old wioth hair loss

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss by age

If you genetically resembkes your father , it is quite logical to expect a baldness nw 4,5 in future but no one can say that %100 .İt is biology and there is very much differentiating factors. İt is better to use finasteride to stop hair loss although I dont recommend it to my patients because of possible side effects .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon