Pain control after tummy tuck/BBL?

Hello, I take tylenol/hydrocodone 5/325 daily for knee pain prescribed by a pain specialist, so I am little concerned that my body is to used to narcotics that percocet would not be enough to control my pain after the procedures. Is that a matter factor ? I am very sensitive to pain . Which are my options ? I know some PS use exparel or pain pump but none of the surgeons that I consulted so far do . Thank you !

Supplement baseline

I would continue your baseline medications and then supplement with additional hydrocodone.  5/325 daily is not too much.

Pain control after abdominoplasty and BBL

Thank you for your question.  Exparel in my opinion is one of the best things that has come out in a long time to help with pain relief.  We use that all the time with great pain control success. In our practice we write for valium in addition to the pain medication to assist with discomfort.  Talk to your physician and see what he/ she suggests, though I would specifically ask for the exparel.

Pain control after tummy tuck/BBL?

Hello and thank you for using RealSelf.Exparel, in my opinion, is the best way to lower post-operative pain.  It has worked well with my patients.  I always use it.  It not only lessens pain, it allows one to walk easier which is important to lower the risk of blood clots in the legs and pulmonary embolism.My experience with pain pumps is no where near the results with Exparel.  They sometimes don't function.  Sometimes the catheters 'fall out'.You should continue to look for a surgeon who does offer a better way to control your pain.  You deserve that.Dr Spies

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Exparel or Pain Pump

Narcotics like Percocet are usually prescribed after a tummy tuck to help with pain control. Exparel or the use of a Pain pump definitely helps with postoperative pain control. If you are concerned about your pain tolerance after a Tummy Tuck I would talk to your surgeon about other pain medication regimens that would work for you. Continue to look a for plastic surgeon who uses Exparel or a Pain pump so that you can minimize your postoperative pain.

Pain Pump or Exparel

You will need to keep searching for surgeons that will use the pain pump, or Exparel injections.  Both of these are very useful to help control pain.