I'm 32 years old, want a tummy tuck but want a tubal reversal 2 years after that. Would a doctor do it? (Photo)

Im 32 .Will a dr do a tuble reversal on me 2 years later if I did a tummy tuck first. Cause I really don't know if we will want another child and I really want a tummy tuck .bUT scared if I get one and he wants a child a dr wountil do a tuble reversal. Because they might say I schouldnt had got a tumy tuck ?

Ask the gynecologist

This is a legitimate question that can only be answered by the gynecologist.  Ask them this question in person. If they say no, you should reconsider your plan.  

I'm 32 years old, want a tummy tuck but want a tubal reversal 2 years after that. Would a doctor do it?

In most cases a tummy tuck does not prevent or complicate a future pregnancy. Therefore a tubal reversal would be okay. If they tell you "you should not have gotten a tummy tuck", they are being judgemental. The should keep their opinion as well as life choices to themselves. However it is always better to delay a tummy tuck until after you have had all your children.

Mahmood Kara, MD

Tubal reversals

can be done anytime and before or after a tummy tuck.  So its really up to you as to what timing you want with pursuit of body contouring procedures.  Your weight MUST be stable or easily maintained before having any body contouring procedures.

Curtis Wong, MD

A normal pregnancy can be had after a Tummy Tuck so I can't think of any reason a surgeon would not reverse your Tubal if you ultimately decide on that. But if you do have a pregnancy later, it may change the looks of the TT.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Pregnancy following tummy tuck surgery is possible and is not dangerous, but if you plan on future pregnancies, you should wait to have surgery until you are done having children, since pregnancy will stretch out the skin and abdominal muscles again, usually undoing the repairs that were achieved with the abdominoplasty. In that case, a secondary tummy tuck to repair recurrent muscle laxity or loose skin may be beneficial. Most plastic surgeons suggest that you finish having children before undergoing an abdominoplasty with repair of the stretched out abdominal muscles.   Robert Singer, MD  FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Before Pregnancy?

I advise my patients not to have a tummy tuck if they are not finished having children. However, if they were to get close to their ideal weight by diet and exercise, liposuction and excision of excess skin without tightening of the abdominal muscle wall could be an option. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD