I'm 29 my height is 5'4 and my weight is 150lbs. Are 500cc teardrop high profile implants right for me? (photos)

Hi, I'm about to get my breast implants, and I want them to look big but not fake and I like the shape of my natural boobs, i want to know if this is the right choice of implants.. i would like to have this natural big boobs look..

I'm 29 my height is 5'4 and my weight is 150lbs. Are 500cc teardrop high profile implants right for me?

500 cc implants may be a reasonable size for you.  Some sort of breast lift should be considered as well.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

In my practice I would be recommending that you consider an uplift to reduce your droopiness and asymmetry combined with placement of a somewhat smaller breast implant (mid + profile).  I'm afraid that the implants that you've selected will exaggerate your asymmetry and over distend your breasts creating an unnatural look.   

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast Augmentation

Hi and thank you for your question!

I am very excited that you are thinking about breast augmentation and you appear to be a great candidate. These questions that you are asking are best answered by an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Trying the implants on and using Vectra imaging is the best way to help yourself to visualize what your plastic surgeon is recommending. If you have seen someone already and these are the recommendations that they have given you but you are not sure still, best to consult with another plastic surgeon in person and talk with them. Best wishes

Leilie Javan, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Implant Choices

Thank you for your question. Your Plastic Surgeon will provide you with size/shape options based on your breast measurements and based on your desired look. I recommend that you discuss your goals with them and try on implant sizers if possible to get an idea of how that volume looks on you.

Be sure to select a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I will never recommend tear drop in your case, your breasts looks saggy now, if you want them high profile means that you want them to look perky, I recommend you to have silicone high profile rounded with your chosen size. You will have bette results than using tear drop which can make breasts like yours saggy again.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Best Breast Implants for ME?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon (and your concerns), I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.  It will be important for many reasons, that you feel comfortable that you and your plastic surgeon are on the "same page" prior to proceeding.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural big boobs” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

500cc teardrop implants... are they right fro you?

I would say yes. This could be a very good option if you are looking to have big natural looking breasts. But in my opinion, a small lift along with the 500cc implants would be your best option.  

Keep in mind both your breast have a slight ptosis (sagginess). You also have some asymmetries. One breast is wider, and the other is sagging a little bit more. Without a lift, these asymmetries will be more apparent after the surgery. 

If you are ok with these asymmetries and are ok with some ptosis after surgery, you can have the Breast Augmentation without a lift. But if you are not sure, I would suggest the small lift with implants, if only to make them more symmetrical.

Best of luck on your procedure!!

Dr. Miguel Mota

Miguel Mota, MD