Tendon under my boob? (Phtoo)

I was stretching my right arm yesterday and I notice this idk like a tendon under my right boob every time I stretch my arms it poops out and hurts a little be , It's been almost 2 moths since my surgery , the doctor told me at 1 moth I could do heavy lifting and go back to normal , I'm very active always working out .

Tendon under my boob?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... Don't be scared, you may be experimenting thrombophlebitis, contact your surgeon to help you use compresses and warm towels to help it go away and get soft.

Band under breast

I know that a lot of plastic surgeons think that these bands (common and they will disappear) are thrombosed or clotted veins and they call it Mondor's disease.  Mondor's is actually in the area in front of the armpit and is a truly clotted vein - but these bands under the breast are just bands that come from the sutures pulling on the fascia that envelopes are whole body.  Think of it like pulling on a bed sheet - any spot that exerts a pull will create a band in the sheet.  We all have a layer of fascia which covers all our muscles and holds our bodies together.  It is a whitish membrane that can be thick or thin.  When we suture the incision closed after a breast augmentation, each deep suture will pull on this fascia and create a band because of the pulling effect.  As everything softens and settles, that band will gradually disappear.   It is rarely a clotted vein - but even those will also eventually disappear.  You do not need to do anything but anti-inflammatories can help if there is any associated discomfort. 

Mondor's cord

It looks like you might have a mondor's cord which is a superficial thrombophlebitis. It often responds to warm compresses and NSAID's

Tendon under my boob?

This most likely represents a lymphatic vessel that is enlarged from the surgery. It is called Mondor's phenomena/band. It will resolve with massage and time. Good luck. 

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Tendon under my boob?

Thank you for the question.  From the photo it looks like possibly a Mondor's Cord. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to making accurate diagnosis and treatment recommendations.   The use of anti-inflammatories and warm compresses may be helpful to expedite resolution (check with your plastic surgeon).  Resolution of this inflammatory process may take several weeks/months.

Tight skin

I get my patients ready for surgery by walking them through the process. Many times I'm asked about the wrinkle of skin beneath the crease incision. It is temporary and it's the tight skin. 

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Cord under breast

We see this from time to time after breast augmentation surgery. It always seems to go away over time. Make your surgeon aware so that they may re assure you about this.

Cord under breast.

You are having swelling in the connective tissue of the abdominal wall/breast interface. It is sometimes referred to as a Mondor's cord. It will resolve in time and may only when your arms are fully upraised. Occasionally a small injection of steroids helps to eradicate it a bit faster. Talk to your plastic surgeon. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Tendon under breast?

It appears to be a Mondor's chord which should resolve without consequence. Sometimes anti inflammatories help.  See your own plastic surgeon in person as that is the only way to be sure of the diagnosis and the treatment.  Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Mondor Cord

I agree it looks like a Mondor cord. You should see your surgeon for evaluation but if it is infact a Mondor cord it will resolve overtime. Warm compresses tend to help and speed it up. 

Regards, 

Surjit S. Rai, MD

Surjit S. Rai, MD
Dallas Physician